KAMUI™ Black tip is designed to add more spin to the cue ball. In addition to the benefits of KAMUI™ Original, the player can put more spin to the cue ball with relatively slower speed of the pool cue. The elasticity of the black leather absorbs the momentum of the cue so as to propel the cue ball with desired spin.
Features of the "Clear" version of Kamui Black:
• Achieve further consistency by limting
the glue absorbed into the bottom layers of the tip.
• No sanding of the bottom layer is needed.
• Easy installation due to the flat surface of the glue side.
• Minimal amount of glue guarantees a perfectly aligned
installation to achieve the designed tip and cue performance.
• For installation, use liquid base super glue like Loctite 401 or Loctite PROFESSIONAL, in order to maximize the adhesion to the Kamui Clear tip. Using the gel type super glue tends to be too thick resulting in longer drying time and a weak bond.
Kamui Clear are my recommendation. I like the fact they come bonded to a plastic base...most likely point of failure on conventional tips. Hold their shape very well, have never had one delaminate. Action is at least as good as any I have tried. What's not to like?
I use them myself and recommend them to those that ask. Excellent quality tip, I have never had one mushroom or delaminate.
Experience has shown these to be excellent tips. Don't mushroom, play exceedingly well. My recommendation to those "tip shopping".
Very good consistency from tip to tip and through out the thickness of each tip. I really like the clear because of excellent bond to cue. Is the cost worth it? That has to be your decision.